These vegan gingerbread cookies are filled with holiday spices in an easy to make, one bowl recipe! No chilling time or cookie cutters required for this one. Ready in 20 minutes!
What’s so easy about these gingerbread cookies?
Gingerbread cookies can be labour intensive. First making your dough, wrapping and chilling it, then rolling it out and using cookie cutters until finally, baking them.
This easy recipe skips many of those steps, requires only one bowl, and a total of 20 minutes time! Now that’s pretty easy!
How to make easy gingerbread cookies
No need to separate wet and dry ingredients. Just whisk together all the dry, then add in the wet ingredients to the same bowl and mix well.
Then using a tablespoon, or cookie scoop, drop the batter onto your prepared cookie sheet, and bake! Leave some space between each cookie to allow for spreading.
You may sprinkle some course sugar over each cookie prior to baking, if desired. If you’re short on time, you can skip this step too! It really doesn’t get any easier than this.
Once cooked, let your cookies cool to further set and then enjoy!
These cookies are soft and delicious in the middle, with a slight crunch on the outside. The perfect texture for a perfect cookie. If you prefer a softer cookie, don’t press the mixture down when shaping them. Leave them a little fatter and fluffier. Or, for a crunchier cookie, spread them even thinner! Watch cooking time as they will cook faster when thinner.
How long do vegan gingerbread cookies keep?
These cookies keep well at room temperature for a few days.
Or make them well in advance and freeze in an air tight container for 4-6 weeks. Use parchment paper to separate the layers of cookies and prevent sticking. Make sure cookies are completely cooled before storing.
Just thaw the night before, and don’t worry, no one will guess these came out of your freezer.
This will save you tons of time for prepping your holiday main course. Like, maybe a tray of this seriously amazing vegan lasagna. 🙂
More vegan holiday recipes
- Brownie Peppermint Cookies – Refined Sugar Free
- Three Cheese Vegan Lasagna – Gluten Free
- Dairy Free Shortbread Cookies
- Chickpea Meatless Meatloaf with Smoked Maple Glaze
- Vegan Gnocchi with Bechamel Sauce
- Lemon Cranberry Muffins – Refined Sugar Free
- 2 ¼ cup oat flour, gluten free if preferred
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk or almond milk
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp course white sugar for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all your dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine. Then add your melted coconut oil, syrup, vanilla and milk to the same bowl and mix well until incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the cookie batter onto your tray, leaving plenty of room in between each one. Using your fingers, or back of the spoon, gently press them down, and form a smooth thin cookie.*
- Sprinkle the cookies with your course sugar if using. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes before handling to allow the cookies to set.