Air fryer corn on the cob is delicious, easy to make, and tastes like it’s been barbecued, but no need to fire up the grill! Easy, peasy, and ready in no time at all.
This air fryer corn makes a fantastic side dish. Serve it with a drizzle of crema fresca and cilantro, some butter and salt, or some maple syrup and cinnamon. Endless options!
This dish is easy to make and all you really NEED is 1 ingredient, corn. Of course, you may add a few more ingredients for topping, if you’d like.
How to make it
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
All you NEED is ears of corn! Woo hoo! Plus any extra toppings you might like.
Remove the husks and you’re good to go.
Place them in the basket of your fryer, and cook for 12-15 minutes. (photos 1-2)
NOTE: You may brush them with oil or margarine before air frying if preferred. Or use a little broth to brush on the corn, to keep it moist.
Remove from the fryer and serve topped with crema fresca, a squeeze of lime juice and cilantro or parsley, if you’d like. Or opt for butter, with a little salt and pepper.
Can air fryer corn be made without oil?
Yes. I’ve tested this recipe both with, and without any oil or butter.
Here are the results.
The top 3 ears of corn in the image below were air fried without any oil or butter and the bottom 2 ears were air fried brushed in margarine. The margarine/oil option results in plumper kernels and even browning, as expected. Both taste fantastic!
Frequently Asked Questions
I use (and love) a Ninja Foodi 8qt. However, this recipe will work with most models, as long as you have a basket style fryer. Since different models operate at different speeds, start checking around the 10 minute mark and continue until desired doneness is reached.
- Choose corn that is fresh, with thicker kernels. The husks should be tightly wrapped, bright green, and not turning yellow or dry.
- Depending on your air frying model, you may cut your corn in half to accommodate for space, if needed.
- The number of ears and model of fryer you’re using will affect cooking time, so begin checking on your corn around the 10 minute mark.
- For oil free, skip the margarine or oil and brush a little vegetable broth on your corn instead, to keep it moist while cooking.
More delicious air fried recipes
- Air Fried Broccoli (tastes like roasted)
- Healthy Air Fried Mushrooms
- Air Fried Spaghetti Squash [Healthy+Low Cal]
- Air Fried Home Fries
- Healthy Air Fried Eggplant [No Breading]
- Air Fried Hash Browns From Scratch
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 3 ears corn on the cob shucked
- 1-2 teaspoons vegan margarine or oil of choice optional
- Shuck your corn and cut in half if needed to fit into the basket of your fryer. If they fit whole, no need to cut them. If using, brush the corn with margarine or oil, using a silicone brush. Or spray them with a cooking spray. (optional)
- Place the corn in your basket and air fry at 380 degrees F for 12-15 minutes. Rotate the corn around the 8-10 minute mark and continue rotating every couple minutes towards the end of cooking, to ensure no burning.
- Serve warm as is, or with butter, crema fresca, cilantro, cinnamon, or any of your favourite toppings.