Mostly tart with a touch of sweet, these coconut lime popsicles are the perfect summer treat. Perfect for warm days to cool off from the summer sun and made using only 3 ingredients!
Here’s why you’ll love these popsicles
- Kid friendly. How many kids do you know that don’t like popsicles???
- Healthy. Homemade is always best, right? But these coconut lime popsicles are not only healthier than store bought popsicles, but they’ve actually got nutritional value, and healthy fat thanks to coconut milk and avocado!
- No artificial ingredients. Again, unlike store bought popsicles, these tasty treats have only ‘good for you’ ingredients in them. No preservatives or artificial colours and flavours.
- Refreshing. The perfect way to cool off in the midst of summer.
- Delicious! If you enjoy a tart over sweet treat, then you’ve come to the right place!
How to make lime popsicles
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Start by gathering your ingredients. You only need three ingredients here, plus an optional fourth.
The maple syrup is not really necessary, unless you want to cut the tart a bit. But if you’re a tart lover (like me), skip it entirely. 🙂
Add your coconut milk (I’m using light for less fat), avocado and lime juice to a blender or food processor and process until smooth. (photos 1-2)
Now evenly distribute your lime popsicle mixture between your popsicle molds. (photos 3-4)
NOTE: I had enough to make 7 popsicles, but this will vary according to the size of your popsicle molds.
Then freeze your lime popsicles for at least 6 hours, or overnight. Once frozen, remove from the freezer and enjoy!
- Taste the mixture before you freeze. Grab a spoon and sample your lime popsicle mixture (or any popsicle you’re making) to test the level of sweet, tart, or other flavour you may want to add. You can always add a little more lime juice before you freeze them, if desired.
- When separating the casing from the popsicle, use care not to break them! Run the outside of your popsicle mold under lukewarm water in your kitchen sink for a few seconds, and then try to gently separate. Use a side to side motion, don’t pull. Repeat until you can easily separate the lime popsicles from their mold, without breaking them.
- If you have some extra lime popsicle mixture at the end, freeze the remainder in an ice cube tray for mini treats.
- Fill your molds almost to the top. The popsicles will only expand slightly, so don’t leave too much space for expansion, or your stick or lid won’t hold the popsicle very well.
- Make sure to freeze your popsicles long enough! The worst thing you can do is remove the popsicle from its mold, before it is fully solid. I like to give them a minimum of 6 hours to ensure they are solid, throughout.
- Don’t have popsicle molds? No problem! Use paper cups and freeze them open side up for about 30-45 minutes. Then stick a popsicle stick into the center and continue freezing until completely solid.
More fun summer treats
- Banana Strawberry Bread
- Vegan Zucchini Muffins
- Banana Nice Cream – 3 Flavours!
- Blueberry Chia Jam
- Mexican Fruit Cup
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- Popsicle Molds
- 400ml can lite coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice freshly squeezed from about 2 limes
- 1 avocado peel and pit removed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup optional
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Then gently pour the mixture into popsicle molds or plastic cups. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to enjoy, run the outside of the popsicle mold under lukewarm water for a few seconds and gently remove from its mold.