These healthy, sugar free zucchini muffins are chock full of nutritious oats and seeds, making this a perfect make ahead breakfast. Delicious enough to satisfy your dessert craving, but containing only wholesome ingredients.
These delicious muffins have a healthy dose of flax, chia and hemp hearts. All of which are excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids, the “good for you fat”! Plus they contain a ton of protein and fiber. Fiber being known to contribute to overall heart health! So now you can have your muffin, and eat it too! Yes, I know this is a muffin, and not cake. But isn’t a muffin essentially a miniature cake? Yup, I’m going with it.
Enjoy these scrumptious sugar free zucchini muffins as an after workout snack, a make ahead breakfast, a healthy dessert, or just an anytime snack!
If you like zucchini in your desserts, I encourage you to also try these gluten free Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies. They are not only gluten free, but also vegan, making them an easy choice for those with food intolerances.
Want more delicious desserts that are nutritious enough for breakfast?
- Prepare your flax eggs and set aside.
- Line two muffin trays for 24 muffins total, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, except nuts if using.
- In another bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients, adding the zucchini last.
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well, then gently stir in the nuts, if using.
- Fill your muffin trays to the top (without overfilling) and bake for 22 minutes. Allow muffins to cool and serve.