This Asian quinoa salad is chock-full of nutrients and delicious flavour. This salad is great to take along to a pot luck or gathering. It is filling and satisfying, and oh so flavourful. This quinoa salad tastes great at both room temperature, or chilled, making it an easy take a long dish that you can prepare ahead of time.
I love adding quinoa to a variety of dishes. It is such a versatile grain that is delicious in both hot or cold dishes. Plus, it’s a super healthy grain that has plenty of vitamins and nutrients. On a hot summer day, cool and fresh dishes are my favourite. So having been invited to spend the day by the pool inspired me to make this amazing dish! The freshly squeezed lime juice and cilantro combination is definitely a winner. This salad has been thoroughly enjoyed by all my friends and family.
If you’re looking for hot ways to use quinoa with a similar flavour combination, check out my Coconut Lime Quinoa dish. Another deliciously satisfying recipe. 🙂
I typically make this dish for a larger gathering, so it does make quite a few portions. Feel free to cut back on the quantities if you don’t want quite as much. This dish does keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator though if you don’t mind eating the leftovers.
This Asian quinoa salad is super simple to make!
With the help of my Veggie Bullet, I can quickly shred the cabbage and carrots. If you don’t have a Veggie Bullet, a food processor or grater will also work. Just make sure to work in batches if using a food processor, and do not over process.
Just look at all those beautiful colours. Such an inviting salad. Give it a try! It will not disappoint.
More delicious salad recipes
- Coleslaw Salad w/ Oil Free Thai Peanut Dressing
- Strawberry Spinach Salad w/ Berry Basil Dressing
- Citrus Spinach Quinoa Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- 7 Layer Spinach Salad (Easy)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups purple cabbage shredded (approx. half of a small cabbage)
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 cups corn
- 1 large cucumber quartered lengthwise & sliced
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- In a small pot, add the quinoa, water and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add all the veggies and the cooled quinoa and toss to combine.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Then pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Optional: Refrigerate for 1 hour (or more) prior to serving. (You may eat it right away, but I prefer this one chilled.)