Sweet, soft, caramel-ly air fryer peaches! All you NEED is one ingredient, but I have a few optional extras to make this dessert extraordinary. Serve it with nice cream for peaches and cream!
Healthier treats don’t get much better than this. This air fryer grilled peaches recipe will seriously knock your socks off! It’s like a peach pie, without the crust.
This fantastic vegan dessert is inspired by my air fried pineapple, air fried baked apples, and air fried bananas.
You’ve got to try this, especially when peaches are ripe and in season.
And if you really want to take this dessert to the next level, make it a peach cobbler and serve it with chopped nuts, oats (gluten-free if needed), and vanilla nice cream.
Ingredients + Substitutions
All you really need for this dish is fresh peaches. But I have a few optional extras for you if you want to amp up the flavour.
- Peaches: Make sure they are RIPE BUT FIRM for the best results. Ripe will add more natural sweetness, and they must be firm so they don’t get too mushy. If you don’t have any on hand, apricots, plums or nectarines will work in a pinch.
- Vegan butter: While this recipe works (and well) without the butter, it adds richness to the overall flavour, so if you’re not avoiding fat or oil, I recommend using it.
- Coconut sugar: Any brown sugar works here if you don’t have coconut on hand. It adds a lovely layer of caramelization to the peaches. But you may skip it if you prefer. Or, use maple syrup, date syrup, or honey if that’s what you have on hand.
- Cinnamon: Adds flavour, and again, is optional, but highly recommended.
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Wash and slice the peaches and place them in a small mixing bowl. (photo 1)
If using the marinade, combine its ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. (photo 2)
Pour the mixture on top of your peaches and mix to evenly coat the slices. (photo 3)
Spoon the peach slices into your basket in a single layer and air fry until soft and caramelized. (photo 4)
Serve your air fryer peaches warm with any optional toppings you’d like, or enjoy them as is. Either way, they are fantastic!
- Spicy: Add red pepper flakes or a teaspoon of sriracha to the marinade for sweet and spicy air fryer peaches.
- Kid friendly: Peel the peaches before slicing if you’re serving anyone with sensitivity to textures.
We use (and LOVE) a Ninja Foodi 8 quart (affiliate link). However, you may use any model for these air fryer peaches.
Just note that different models will have varying cook times. So make sure to check on your peaches often, towards the end of cooking.
Can I make these in an oven?
Yes, if you don’t have a fryer, place the coated peach slices in a baking dish and bake at 350°F/177°C for 15-20 minutes, until soft.
In the unlikely event that you have leftovers, store your air fryer peaches in a sealed container in the fridge for 1-2 days. Reheat in your fryer basket or toaster oven, as these taste best warm.
Do not freeze.
- Use RIPE but FIRM peaches for the best results and natural sweetness.
- Cut large peaches into 6 slices and small peaches into 4 slices.
- The ripeness of your peaches will determine cook time. Riper/softer peaches will cook faster than less ripe/harder peaches.
- Remove any peach skins that come loose while air frying.
- For picky eaters, peel the skin prior to slicing the peaches and air frying.
More air fried desserts
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 1 pound fresh ripe but FIRM peaches approx. 3 large or 6 small
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- nice cream
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- granola or oats gluten free if preferred
- Wash and slice your peaches and remove the pits. Place the sliced peaches in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Optional: In another small bowl combine the butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Then pour the marinade on the sliced peaches and mix well to evenly coat the slices. (You can air fry the peaches plain without the mixture if you're avoiding added fat and sugar.)
- Arrange the sliced peaches in a single layer in your fryer basket and air fry at 350°F/177°C for 8-12 minutes. They are ready when very soft and a fork easily pierces through a peach slice.
- Serve warm with desired toppings or enjoy as is.
Leave a Comment + Star Rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐