Roasted red pepper tomato soup is creamy, nourishing, warming and completely aromatic. Roasting the veggies really amplifies the deliciousness and every single bite is bursting with flavour.
How to make roasted red pepper tomato soup
Prepping your soup is quite simple.
Start by cutting up your veggies and arranging them on a large baking tray lined with parchment paper. Then drizzle them with oil, and sprinkle generously with salt + pepper. If you’re avoiding oil, drizzle with some water or broth instead, and check on them more frequently to ensure they don’t burn.
TIP: Make sure to leave the skin on your garlic cloves. Once roasted, they will peel off super easily, saving you even prep time.
Roast your veggies for about 35-40 minutes, checking on them frequently to ensure they don’t burn. Remember, you don’t want to blacken your veggies much, just roast until the edges are golden brown to bring out more flavour.
Once the veggies are roasted, add them to a pot along with all remaining ingredients. Simmer for about 10 minutes, and adjust salt and pepper if desired. Serve with crackers, croutons, fresh or dry basil and some vegan parmesan cheese if desired.
How long does it keep?
You may store leftovers in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and reheat as needed.
This soup also freezes well so go ahead and make a double batch. Freeze up to 8 weeks and thaw in the refrigerator the night before using. Thoroughly reheat and mix well if there is any separation.
You will LOVE this roasted red pepper tomato soup!
- creamy, without dairy
- low in calories and fat
- easy to make ahead and freezes well!
More delicious creamy soup recipes
- Vegan Mushroom Soup (Veloute) – GF + Oil Free
- Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup (Dairy Free)
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup (Or Stove Top)
- Carrot Cauliflower Soup with Dill & Sage [V+GF]
- Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup (with Stove Top Directions)
- Dairy Free Jalapeno Popper Soup
- 3 bell peppers quartered (I used 2 red and 1 orange)
- 6 vine ripened tomatoes quartered
- 1 yellow onion quartered
- 1 red onion quartered
- 4 large garlic cloves unpeeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil or water or broth for oil free
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- more salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Garnishes: basil croutons, crackers
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F convection bake, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add all your veggies to the tray in a single layer. Then drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden, then remove from the oven. Peel your garlic (the skin will remove very easily after baking) and add all the roasted veggies into a pot, along with the broth and tomato paste.
- Bring your soup to a low boil and simmer for about 10 minutes and then puree using an immersion blender. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Serve your roasted red pepper tomato soup garnished with basil or croutons if desired.