Roasted red pepper tomato soup is creamy, nourishing, warming and completely aromatic. Roasting the veggies really amplifies the deliciousness and every single bite is bursting with flavour.
How to make roasted red pepper tomato soup
Prepping your soup is quite simple.
Start by cutting up your veggies and arranging them on a large baking tray lined with parchment paper. Then drizzle them with oil, and sprinkle generously with salt + pepper. If you’re avoiding oil, drizzle with some water or broth instead, and check on them more frequently to ensure they don’t burn.
TIP: Make sure to leave the skin on your garlic cloves. Once roasted, they will peel off super easily, saving you even prep time.
Roast your veggies for about 35-40 minutes, checking on them frequently to ensure they don’t burn. Remember, you don’t want to blacken your veggies much, just roast until the edges are golden brown to bring out more flavour.
Once the veggies are roasted, add them to a pot along with all remaining ingredients. Simmer for about 10 minutes, and adjust salt and pepper if desired. Serve with crackers, croutons, fresh or dry basil and some vegan parmesan cheese if desired.
How long does it keep?
You may store leftovers in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and reheat as needed.
This soup also freezes well so go ahead and make a double batch. Freeze up to 8 weeks and thaw in the refrigerator the night before using. Thoroughly reheat and mix well if there is any separation.
You will LOVE this roasted red pepper tomato soup!
- creamy, without dairy
- low in calories and fat
- easy to make ahead and freezes well!
More delicious creamy soup recipes
- Vegan Mushroom Soup (Veloute)
- Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Carrot Cauliflower Soup with Dill & Sage
- Potato Leek Soup
- Jalapeno Popper Soup
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 3 red bell peppers quartered
- 1 pound vine ripened tomatoes or plum tomatoes quartered (approx. 5-7 plum tomatoes)
- 1 yellow onion quartered
- 4 large garlic cloves DO NOT PEEL
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil optional, *for oil free, omit and use broth instead
- 1/2 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F convection bake, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange your veggies in a single layer and drizzle with the oil (if using) and sprinkle with the parsley and basil.
- Roast the veggies for 30-40 minutes, or until the pepper skins have somewhat blackened, then remove from the oven. Peel your peppers once cool enough to touch. (The skins will come off easily, but if there's any stubborn pieces, just leave them on.)
- Peel the garlic, they will pop out very easily once roasted and place in your blender, along with ALL remaining ingredients, except any garnishes. Blend until smooth, taste for salt and pepper and adjust if necessary.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil, croutons, crackers or black pepper.