Roasted red pepper tomato soup has always been a favourite of mine. I’m not sure what took me so long to make my own? Sometimes I feel intimidated I suppose? I have no idea why because…
this roasted red pepper tomato soup is so easy to make!
It requires very little prep work. Just cut up your veggies, drizzle with oil, salt + pepper. Then toss them into the oven for a while! When roasting your veggies, make sure to leave the skin on your garlic cloves. Once roasted, they will peel off super easily, saving you even more time! Remember, you don’t want to blacken your veggies, just roast until the edges are golden to bring out their flavours.
This SUPER easy roasted red pepper tomato soup is a huge win! It’s loaded with healthy ingredients. It’s low in calories but rich and creamy (without adding any cream), plus it tastes GREAT.
Serve with crackers, fresh or dry basil, extra black pepper, or croutons!
For more deliciously creamy soup ideas, check out my creamy autumn soup, cream of broccoli soup, beet soup with dill & cashew cream, or cauliflower mushroom soup! Can you tell we love soup in this healthy kitchen? Try them all!
- 3 bell peppers quartered (I used 2 red and 1 orange)
- 6 vine ripened tomatoes quartered
- 1 yellow onion quartered
- 1 red onion quartered
- 4 large garlic cloves unpeeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- more salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Garnishes: basil croutons, crackers
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F convection bake, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add all your veggies to the tray, drizzle them with the olive oil, and sprinkle the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden, then remove from the oven. Peel your garlic (the skin will remove very easily after baking) and add all the roasted veggies into a pot, along with the broth and tomato paste.
- Bring your soup to a low boil and simmer for about 5-10 minutes and then puree using an immersion blender. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Serve your roasted red pepper tomato soup garnished with basil or croutons if desired.