Creamy cauliflower soup is nutritious and delicious. Its smooth velvety texture will comfort and nourish you soul. Using only 5 ingredients and ready in 20 minutes from start to finish!
Creamy soups are my favourite. There is something about a pureed soup that really packs in all the delicious flavour.
Plus my picky 4 year old has some texture issues and still prefers pureed everything. So really, it just makes sense to make it this way for my entire family.
This creamy cauliflower soup is super nutritious and oh-so delicious! Plus it is ready on your table in 20 minutes, from start to finish! This simple recipes can be quickly whipped up on a busy weeknight, when you just don’t have the time or energy.
As an added bonus, this soup is very low in calories, at ONLY 63 calories a bowl! You can go ahead and eat the entire pot if you’re so inclined!
This low calorie soup helps you feel full without the fat and calories you might be avoiding. When I can go for seconds without any guilt attached, that’s a great, great feeling. 🙂
How to prepare creamy cauliflower soup
To prepare, I roughly chop up my onion and cauliflower. Don’t worry about uniform size pieces since they will all be pureed later anyhow. This saves a ton of time on prep work!
Toss all your ingredients into a large pot and bring it to a boil. Then reduce your heat and simmer until the cauliflower is fork tender.
Now, using an immersion blender, puree your soup until smooth and creamy.
If you don’t have an immersion blender, you may carefully transfer to a blender. Use extreme caution and don’t overfill your blender if pureeing this way. You may want to process this in batches to avoid burns and a huge mess.
If you love creamy soups as much as I do, I really recommend a stick blender! Not only is it faster because you can process the entire batch in one shot, but it also saves the mess and hassle of dirtying and then washing your blender.
This perfectly creamy cauliflower soup makes a delicious appetizer or side dish.
Or, bulk this soup up by serving with a scoop of brown rice or barley. Or you may add some lentils or beans to each bowl to add protein and make this a complete meal.
I enjoy mine garnished with chili flakes and basil. You may also drizzle this soup with your favourite hot sauce (I like Sriracha) to add some kick! Either way, this delicious, velvety, creamy, wholesome soup is sure to satisfy!
Want more delicious, creamy soups? Try these!
- Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
- Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup (with Stove Top Directions)
- Creamy Autumn Soup w/ Squash & Pumpkin
- Vegan Cold Pear Soup
- Spiced Sweet Potato Soup
- Carrot Cauliflower Soup with Dill & Sage
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into large florets
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Optional Garnishes: Chili flakes, basil, black pepper, hot sauce, chives
- Add all the ingredients, except any garnishes to a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 8 minutes, until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Turn off heat, and using an immersion blender, puree your soup until smooth. Or you carefully transfer to a blender and puree in bathes if needed.
- Serve garnished with chili flakes, basil, black pepper, hot sauce, or chives if desired. Enjoy!