A fantastic vegan cheesecake dip that’s filled with warming gingerbread flavours. It’s creamy, rich, and perfect for dunking fresh fruit, cookies, and more!
This recipe was originally published in December 2019. It has been updated for content and photos.
This delicious vegan cheesecake dip is an absolutely perfect dessert. With its warming holiday flavours, it makes this healthier dessert extra special to serve on Christmas!
Why you’ll love it
- It’s not only vegan and vegetarian friendly, but it’s also gluten-free, oil-free, and soy-free.
- Whip it up in 5 minutes if you’ve got a great blender, seriously!
- Serve it with healthy choices like apple slices, peaches, grapes, strawberries, melons and pineapple.
- Or go indulgent with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, marshmallows, or pretzels.
- It’s so delicious, you’ll have everyone asking for the recipe, and coming back for seconds and thirds!
Ingredients + Substitutions
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious gingerbread vegan cheesecake dip.
- Cashews: Use raw unsalted cashews, which gives this dip an ultra-creamy texture. If you cannot have cashews, use blanched almonds. OR for nut-free, you may use raw unsalted sunflower seeds with similar results.
- Another option, although I haven’t specifically tried this, is vegan cream cheese, but you’ll need to reduce the coconut milk to make that work.
- Coconut milk: Use the kind that comes in the can. I prefer light coconut milk since the cashews are already high in calories and fat. But if you’re in an indulging mood, you can opt for full-fat instead.
- Sugar: I’m using unrefined coconut sugar, but brown sugar or date sugar also works.
- Molasses: Adds a little extra sweetness, and holiday flavour. If you don’t have molasses on hand, you may use pure maple syrup or date syrup instead.
- Spices: Cinnamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg give our vegan cheesecake dip the perfect blend of holiday flavours.
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Add everything to a high-speed blender. (photo 1)
Then process until completely smooth. (photo 2)
NOTE: If you do not have a strong blender, soak your cashews in boiling hot water for 30 minutes first. This will soften them, making them easier to blend. Then drain them, add to the blender with remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
Transfer the dip to a bowl and cover it, or use a sealed container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or longer) before serving.
Can I prepare ahead?
In fact, please do so your dip has time to chill as it tastes best when cold. You can make it hours or even one day in advance.
Here are some fun ways to change up this awesome dip!
- Pumpkin dip. Add half a cup or so of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) and 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice mix.
- Vanilla: Add 1-2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- Citrusy: Add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice or freshly squeezed orange juice and some zest to add some citrus flavour to the dip.
OR – Take this amazing vegan cheesecake dip to the next level by freezing it for 1-2 hours and then enjoy it as nice cream. 🤤
I use a Vitamix blender (affiliate link) and do not need to presoak my cashews before blending them.
This festive cheesecake dip will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 4-5 days, or freeze it for up to 2 months.
- If you do not have a strong blender, soak your cashews in boiling hot water for 30 minutes first. This will soften them, making them easier to blend. Then drain them, add to the blender with the remaining ingredients, and process until smooth.
More delicious vegan Christmas recipes
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate the dip for at least 1 hour before serving it with apple slices, pineapple, strawberries, marshmallows, gingerbread cookies, or graham crackers.