Check out this strawberry banana bread that is fresh, moist, and super delicious! I’m pretty certain that everyone has made banana bread at some point in their life. It’s a pretty staple dessert recipe and the perfect way to use up your overly ripe bananas. I often purposely buy way more bananas than I know we will consume to have banana bread bananas ready to go, lol. But have you ever made strawberry banana bread? Definitely not as common, but totally necessary! Please try this. It’s basically banana bread on crack. Added sweetness and moisture from the strawberries make this bread a mouthwatering choice!
How do you make Strawberry Banana Bread?
All you need is nine ingredients. First combine your dry ingredients in a large bowl, and the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl. Add the wet mixture to the dry. Then fold in your strawberries. Now just pour your batter into a prepared loaf pan and bake!
Although not necessary, feel free to add even more strawberry and banana slices to the top of your loaf before baking, if you like. It’ll add some extra colour to the crust, and is definitely visually appealing. But either way, this loaf will taste great!
Once baked, let the strawberry banana bread cool for at least ten minutes before attempting to remove it from the pan. I know it will be difficult! Your house will smell amazing, and it’s tough not to dive right in, but trust me, it’s worth the wait. Once you remove the banana bread from the pan, continue cooling on a wire rack for another 20-30 minutes before slicing. This extra setting time will allow you to easily slice the loaf.
If you’re in a hurry, and just can’t wait, you may slice sooner, but use extra care. While the bread is still very hot in the middle, slicing will be a tad more difficult, but still doable! Enjoy with a fresh pot of coffee, and additional fresh strawberries.
Want more healthy-ish dessert recipes? Try these!
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins [V+GF+Oil Free]
- Chocolate Chip Vegan Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies [V+GF]
- Healthy Hot Chocolate [V+GF]
- Easy Healthy Chickpea Cookies
- Banana Spinach Muffin Bites [V+GF+Oil Free]
- Allergen Friendly Sweet Potato Cookies [V+GF & Nut Free!]
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups oat flour, gluten free if preferred or all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Then in another bowl, add the wet ingredients EXCEPT the strawberries and mix well. Then pour the wet into the dry bowl and mix until combined, and gently stir in the strawberries.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of your loaf comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan. Then continue cooling on a wire rack for 30 minutes or more before slicing. Enjoy.