There’s nothing like freshly made juice and this celery and pineapple juice is FAN-tastic!! It’s naturally sweet, a little tart, loaded with detoxing celery and hints of ginger that complement it beautifully. Make this wholesome beverage part of your daily routine.
Juicing is a great way to increase your vitamin and nutrient intake. But this pineapple celery juice recipe has several added health benefits too!
Health Benefits of Celery and Pineapple Juice
- It’s wonderful for boosting your immune system, thanks to its great antioxidant effects and its high anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helpful in reducing inflammation due to pineapple’s natural enzyme called bromelain and celery’s flavonoids which help your body reduce swelling and symptoms of arthritis.
- Vitamin C! This drink is loaded with vitamin C, also contributing to a strong immune system.
- Potassium! The presence of high potassium in both pineapple and celery helps contribute to the lowering of high blood pressure.
- Naturally sweetened with pineapple and ZERO added sugar.
Ingredients + Substitutions
Here’s what you’ll need to make this incredibly delicious celery and pineapple juice.
- Celery: Already the perfect shape for your juicer chute. Use one pound of celery stalks APPROX. 4 large ribs.
- Pineapple: Cut the pineapple into spears for easy maneuvering through the juicer chute. Or pineapple chunks work too.
- Apple: I like a green apple like Granny Smith for its slightly tart flavour. But you could also use other apples like Honeycrisp or Gala for a sweeter taste.
- Ginger: Use fresh ginger NOT powder.
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Juice the pineapple FIRST. The harder produce will help push any remaining pineapple. (photo 1)
Continue with the celery, ginger, and green apple until all your produce is juiced. (photo 2)
TIP: Let the juicer (affiliate link) run an extra few seconds after the last piece of produce has gone through to get all the juice out. When the pulp stops moving, turn off the machine.
This recipe for celery and pineapple juice is very versatile and easily customizable.
Just keep the main two ingredients (pineapple and celery) and feel free to omit or substitute the others.
Here are some other ideas for you to customize this delicious juice:
- Make it citrusy with some lime juice, orange, or a bit of lemon.
- Add more greens such as kale, spinach, swiss chard, parsley, mint leaves, or cilantro.
- Make it sweeter with mango, pear, red grapes, and/or blueberries.
We use (and LOVE) our Sana 727 Supreme Juicer (affiliate link) to produce to highest quality juice.
Here are just some of the reasons we love it:
- Brushless DC Motor: Sana patented their own design to produce a motor that is lightweight, durable, quiet, and powerful. This motor has an unlimited run time (unlike most juicers on the market with a 15-30 minute run time). Even if you won’t be juicing that long, it speaks to the motor’s quality.
- Auto reverse feature: This awesome feature means that in the event of any produce getting jammed, the motor will automatically reverse for 2 seconds to clear the jam!
- Variable speeds: This is particularly handy when juicing different types of fruits and vegetables. With 4 different speed settings, you can adjust to the produce you’re juicing, and how much time you have in the morning. 😉
- Easy assembly! Attaching the juicing drum to the motor base is incredibly simple, and so is removing it. Just press the button to unlock and twist.
- Easy clean up: Another of my favourite features! You can disassemble and wash all its parts in 2 minutes flat. 🥳
- Multiple juicing screens: This model comes with 3 different screens to suit your needs. A fine one for the highest yield from harder items like celery and apples, a course one for softer produce, and the “blank” screen for making nut butter, nut milk, sorbet, and more!
- 15-Year Warranty!!! So you know they stand behind their product. 😉
And if you’re in the market for a celery juicer, the Sana 727 (in my opinion) is the best juicer for celery juice. (And yes I’ve tried others!)
Fresh juice is best enjoyed immediately. Since there are no preservatives, freshly made juice can spoil quickly.
If you made more than you can consume, you CAN store it in the fridge in an airtight jar OR invest in a vacuum seal pitcher or jar that allows you to vacuum pump the air, for best results.
- Don’t use a blender. A blender will make you a smoothie, not juice. Use a high-quality, masticating juicer, like the Sana 727 (affiliate link) for the best results. Masticating (or slow juicers) slowly extract the juice and do not add heat. Heat can destroy nutrients from your produce so you won’t get the full benefit.
- Make the amount of juice you plan to consume, not extra. Freshly made juice without preservatives will not keep very long, and for optimum health benefits, should be enjoyed straight away.
- To speed up juicing prep time, you may wash and cut your produce the night before and refrigerate it in a sealed container. Then in the morning, your fruits and veggies are prepped and ready to pass through your juicer.
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 1 pound pineapple approx. half a medium pineapple
- 1 pound celery approx. 4 large ribs
- 1 medium granny smith apple quartered and seeds removed
- ½ inch fresh ginger
- Wash your produce thoroughly and cut the pineapple into spears or chunks. The celery ribs fit without cutting. Then quarter the apple and remove the seeds.
- Start by juicing the pineapple FIRST and then follow with the apple, ginger, and celery.
- Give your juice a quick stir and enjoy right away.
Both pineapple and celery are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, and other vitamins. It’s loaded with nutrients and packed with antioxidants. Celery and pineapple also help support digestion and contain flavonoids that help prevent certain bacteria growth.
Celery is low in sugar and calories, but high in nutrients, so adding this to your daily diet is extremely beneficial. However, don’t use celery juice to replace meals for weight loss, as it can put your body at a dangerous calorie restriction.
Yes, because it is loaded with antioxidants, and is known as a digestive aid, pineapple juice is a good detox drink. However, don’t use pineapple juice to replace meals. Instead, use it to supplement meals.
It’s best to consume your freshly made celery juice right away for optimum nutrients. If you must store it, use an airtight jar or vacuum-sealed jar or container for 1-2 days.