Mini Quinoa Muffins with Sweet Potato
Quinoa mini muffins are loaded with vitamins for a nutritious breakfast while the sweet potato adds natural sweetness that the whole family will enjoy.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time18 mins
Total Time33 mins
Servings: 45 mini muffins
- 1.5 cups oat flour or all purpose flour if not avoiding gluten
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or regular sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 flax egg or regular eggs
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup sweet potato cooked & mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil softened or melted + plus more for greasing your muffin trays (or use canola or vegetable oil if avoiding nuts
- 1.5 cups unsweetened cashew milk or milk of choice
Prepare your flax eggs
and set aside, if using.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and grease two mini muffin trays with coconut oil. (Enough to make 48 muffins)
In a large bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients: oat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
In a separate bowl, combine all your wet ingredients: eggs, quinoa, sweet potato, apple sauce, coconut oil and milk. Mix until well combined and incorporated.
Now pour your wet mixture into your dry and mix until combined, without over mixing. Then evenly distribute the mixture between the 48 muffin cups. (This mixture will not rise too much, so you can fill the cups almost to the top, leaving just a little bit of room.)
Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let your quinoa muffins cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the trays.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 35kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 57mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6.3% | Vitamin C: 0.1% | Calcium: 1.5% | Iron: 1.6%