Perfect as a make ahead breakfast, or after dinner snack! These oatmeal zucchini cookies have tons of healthy and wholesome ingredients. Also, they contain NO refined sugar. The overly ripe bananas with hints of maple syrup give these cookies all the sweetness they need.
Bonus, they are kid approved! So there is absolutely no need for guilt when serving this delicious healthy dessert that your whole family will enjoy.
I like leaving the skins on my zucchini so you can see the vibrant green shreds shining through these cookies. If you need to hide the veggies from your little ones, peel the zucchini first so it’s not quite as noticeable.
These cookies freeze well, so feel free to make a double batch! You won’t be sorry you did. 🙂
If you prefer a muffin version of this delicious cookie recipe, check out my Zucchini Muffins instead! Also a big win with my family.
Want more healthy dessert recipes?
Yup, you read that correctly, CHICKPEA cookies.
I promise your picky eaters will never guess that chickpeas is the main ingredient in these delicious treats though!
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the shredded zucchini to a colander and sprinkle with salt and set aside. Place the colander in your sink or a bowl. (This process allows the water to drain from the zucchini)
- In a large bowl, add the bananas, peanut butter and maple syrup and mix well. Next, add the oats, hemp hearts, flax seeds, cinnamon and baking powder and combine.
- Using paper towels or a clean dish towel, press the zucchini to release even more water. Then stir the shredded zucchini into your bowl.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of your batter onto your prepared baking sheet and form your cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven, and let cool for at least 5 minutes before handling.