Dairy Free Jalapeno Popper Soup
For a real spicy kick, this jalapeno popper soup really packs a punch! Made using wholesome ingredients and low in calories and carbs!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time18 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 tsp avocado oil or cooking oil of choice
- 1 yellow onion roughly chopped
- 3 jalapenos sliced
- 1 head cauliflower broken into large florets
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast optional but gives this dish its "cheesy" flavour
- Optional Garnish: sliced jalapeno
In a large pot, sauté the oil, onion and jalapenos for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
Add the cauliflower, stock and all the seasonings and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat to medium and cook until the cauliflower is fork tender, about 8 minutes.
Using an immersion blender, puree your soup until smooth and creamy.
Serve garnished with extra jalapeno if desired.
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 984mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 14.7% | Vitamin C: 101.5% | Calcium: 3.8% | Iron: 6.5%