Veggie Pasta with Black Bean Pesto
For a quick, easy and delicious meal, try this black bean pesto pasta. It is loaded with healthy ingredients and comes together in a hurry!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup black beans cooked or canned
- 1 cup homemade pesto or store bought
- 1/2 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 5 cremini mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 lb penne pasta, or your choice gluten free if preferred
- Optional garnishes: green onion, cherry tomatoes
In a small blender or food processor, puree your black beans with your pesto and set aside. Add a tablespoon or two of water if needed.
Add your veggies, salt and a tablespoon or two of water to a large skillet and sauté for about 8-10 minutes, until softened and liquid from the mushrooms is mostly absorbed.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of generously salted water to boil and cook your pasta according to package directions. Reserve about half a cup of the pasta water when draining and return drained pasta to the pot. Pour the black bean pesto over the pasta and mix well, adding some of the reserved pasta water if help your pesto spread and coat all the pasta as needed. Then add the sautéed veggies to the pot and stir them in.
Serve garnished with green onion and cherry tomatoes if desired.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 507mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1470IU | Vitamin C: 50.7mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2.5mg