Want to sneak some extra fruit and protein into your little ones, or yourself? Or are you looking for an after workout snack to give you a little boost? Maybe you just need a little pick me up, without the guilt of any added sugars. These delicious sugar free energy bites are just the thing! The fresh berries and dates give these bites all the sweetness they need, without any added or refined sugar. Satisfying enough as a dessert, but healthy enough to eat for breakfast! Or a snack, or just whenever!
Bonus, these sugar free energy bites are kid friendly, just skip the pumpkin seed coating. My 8 month old DEVOURED these with so much pleasure. in my house! Not only are these bites free from any added sugars, but they are also dairy free, gluten free, and require NO baking! These are a perfect snack for those with intolerances. Plus SO easy to make.
So what are you waiting for?
Just throw all your ingredients into your food processor in any order. Process until the mixture is well combined, scraping down the sides as needed. Make sure all of your dates get encorporated into the batter. The processed mixture will look something like this.
Then let the mixture rest for at least 5 minutes, so it will thicken slightly. This will make forming your bites SO much easier for you!
I like to keep mine fairly small. I’m of the mindset that I’ll always eat more than one anyhow, so may as well make them smaller right?
You can skip the coating if using for children to avoid any choking hazard.
Or just coat a few, or as many as you wish. I usually coat about half of mine in the pumpkin seeds and leave the other half plain.
Looking for more delicious and easy healthy snacks you can prepare for the week?
Try these AMAZING Healthy Chickpea Cookies.You truly will never even know the main ingredient is chickpeas! These cookies are loaded with protein, and deliciousness.
- Prepare a small tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until well combined.
- Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before forming your balls. The mixture will thicken slightly, making the batter much easier to work with.
- Form small balls and place them on your prepared tray. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Optional: Press pumpkin seeds into your set balls to add some crunch, texture and extra protein.