My family and I just went strawberry picking. So naturally, we have a ton of strawberries that I’d like to use. Strawberry season means two things: strawberry jam, and strawberry based desserts of course. This time I have a delicious strawberry dessert for you using fresh farm picked Ontario strawberries. Presenting, DELICIOUS vegan strawberry pie. This recipe is made with simple ingredients, and is quite easy to make. The dairy free pie crust is adapted from Minimalist Baker‘s coconut oil mini pie crusts. But rather than make mini pies, I made one large pie crust for you.
After a busy morning picking strawberries at the farm with my family, I got right down to work making strawberry themed deliciousness. This strawberry pie filling is so naturally sweet and delicious, using very little added sugar. So now you can have your cake, and eat it too! 😉
It’s important to use fresh, and not frozen strawberries for this dessert to maximize the fresh flavour and natural sweetness. This vegan strawberry pie was literally devoured in minutes! I highly recommend this one and I’d love to hear your thoughts! Please drop me a line in the comments below to let me know what you think. 🙂
Want more low sugar desserts?
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup coconut oil not liquid
- 3-6 tbsp ice cold water
- Preheat your oven to 375 degree F and lightly flour a pie plate.
- Mix together all your filling ingredients and set aside.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl and mix well. Then add the coconut oil and using a large fork, mix until it well combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the cold water at a time and gently mix. Continue adding more water and kneading gently until a dough is formed.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean surface and roll out your dough with a lightly floured rolling pin into a round flat shape to fit your pie plate. Then carefully transfer the dough to your plate and press it against the edges using wet fingers.
- Pour the filling over your pie crust and bake for 45-60 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Allow pie to cool slightly before slicing into 8 slices. Serve and enjoy!