The natural sweetness from the pumpkin combined with savoury seasonings give these baked pumpkin fries a TON of flavour. I used a pie pumpkin to maximize the natural sweetness. This coupled with the savoury seasonings makes a perfectly scrumptious combo!
The only somewhat hard part is cutting your pumpkin, which I won’t deny, takes a small amount of effort. But once the prep is done, these fries come together super quickly! To speed up prep time and make it easier on yourself, cut your pumpkin in half first. Peeling the pumpkin after cutting in half just makes it so much easier to work with. Once you’ve cut your pumpkin into fries, make sure to spread them on your baking tray in a single layer for maximum crispiness and even cooking.
These are so good, just try them, NOW! 🙂
My husband was happy to come home to this special treat. He loves all things pumpkin. Who doesn’t? Am I right??
When broiling your pumpkin fries, you want to crisp up the edges without burning them. So watch carefully and decrease broiling time if needed.
Serve with ketchup, or enjoy as is. These baked pumpkin fries are loaded with flavour!
My husband enjoys these with both ketchup and our homemade jarred peppers for extra kick!
Next time, I may try a sweet and spicy version. Hmm…or maybe some smoked paprika. I think I’ll be making these again very soon!
Other delicious fall recipes
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Hummus
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Baked Beans
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 1 small pumpkin I used a pie pumpkin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F convection bake and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel your pumpkin, cut in half and scoop out all the seeds. (I cut my pumpkin in half before peeling to make it easier to work with.)
- Next, slice your pumpkin into french fries, approx 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Spread your pumpkin fries into a single layer over your prepared baking sheet. Then drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle the salt and oregano over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then switch your oven to broil and place the tray directly under the broiler for 5 minutes. Flip your fries and broil for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!