For super smoky and crispy roasted chickpeas, look no further! These roasted chickpeas are the perfect combination between delicious and nutritious. They are super crunchy, and have a ton of flavour! Plus, this is a completely wholesome snack that you can feel good about eating.
This recipe consists of only 4 ingredients. It is very simple to make, and requires little to no prep work!
If you can open a can of chickpeas, you can do this! 🙂
I have a weakness for salty treats from chips to crackers to all the savoury things. In the interest of eating more nutritiously, I’m adding this healthy, savoury chickpea snack to my snack collection
How to make roasted chickpeas
Just open a can of chickpeas and drain and rinse them in your kitchen sink.
Lay them out on a clean dish towel of paper towels and let them dry a bit. Or pat them dry if you’re in a hurry.
If you see any loose skins coming off, you may remove them, but otherwise, don’t worry about getting them all off. However, if you want the crispiest chickpeas possible, removing the skins really helps with that.
Once dry, place your chickpeas in a bowl and toss with the olive oil and seasoning.
Then spread them in a single layer on your baking sheet.
Bake and enjoy! 🙂
This delicious snack can be eaten alone, or use it to top your salads and soups.
More tasty snack favourites
- Sweet & Spicy Baked Plantain Chips
- White Bean Protein Crackers [Oil Free Option]
- Black Bean Chips – Gluten Free
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 1 13.5 oz can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After rinsing your chickpeas, lay them on a dry, clean dish towel and pat them dry, or let them sit for about 10 minutes to let air dry. (They do not need to be completely dry, just not wet.)
- In a small bowl, toss the chickpeas with the olive oil and seasonings to ensure they are evenly coated. Then spread in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, shaking your tray every 10 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Serve warm.