Try these roasted beets with thyme for a new way to serve your veggies. I only recently started experimenting with beets, and I’m not sure what took me so long to try them! I think their colour intimidated me somehow? Although, I have no idea why! They really add such beautiful colour to any plate needing variety. Serve them with your favourite protein for a balanced meal.
I like using roasted beets as a replacement to potatoes lately. They are lower in calories and carbs, and loaded with nutrients. Plus they’re just as satisfying! You can’t go wrong with a healthy recipe that also tastes great! Give these a try.
Want to take this roasted beet recipe to the next level?
Take a couple of the wedges and make some DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL Beet Hummus! Use this as a dip with veggies or chips. (It is perfectly dippable!) Or, as a burger topping or salad dressing.
I really enjoy this hummus as a topping for my Sweet Potato Bean Burgers. The combo is just fantastic!
Want more delicious beet recipes?
- 2 lbs beets peeled & quartered
- 1 tsp grape seed oil or oil of choice
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt + pepper to taste
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F convection bake.
- Toss the beets with the oil and seasonings in a large bowl and spread in a single layer on your prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Serve alongside your favourite protein.