It may not quite be barbecue season yet up here in the cold north, but spring has definitely sprung. The snow has melted (about time) and the weather is finally warming up. With warmer temperature here, grilling is on the mind. If you’re not quite ready for outdoor grilling, these zucchini taste fantastic on an indoor grill as well.
A great side dish that is not only delightful, but also oil free, perfect for a whole food plant based (WFPB) diet.
How do you make lemon herb grilled zucchini?
This dish is so simple, truly. You can probably get your kids to do it! I often get mine involved in the kitchen in hopes that one day they’ll be making me dinner. 🙂
First slice up your zucchini in roughly 1/4″ thick slices. I slice mine on a slight diagonal to make the pieces a little longer.
This is particularly helpful if using an outdoor grill so the slices don’t fall through the cooking grates.
Then in a small bowl combine the lemon juice and all the seasonings.
Now pour this mixture over your zucchini and toss to coat.
Once the grill is hot place your zucchini in a single layer and cook them for 3-5 minutes until you have beautiful grill lines.
Then enjoy them along side some Vegan Chicken Burgers or toss them into a salad.
Those gorgeous grill lines really amplify the flavour. I mean, we eat with our eyes first, right?
More tasty side dishes!
- Grilled Tomatoes with Oil Free Chimichurri Sauce
- Healthy Air Fryer Eggplant
- Sweet & Salty Baked Pumpkin Fries
- Air Fryer Carrots [Two Ways!]
- Sweet & Spicy Baked Plantain Chips
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Slice your zucchini on a diagonal approx 1/4" thick and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add all remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Then pour the mixture over your zucchini slices and mix well to ensure each slice is coated.
- Heat your non stick grill or panini press over high heat and place the zucchini slices in a single layer. Close the lid and cook for 3-5 minutes until cooked through and grill lines are formed. (If you do not have a grill with a lid, flip your zucchini after 3-5 minutes to cook the other side.)
- Transfer your cooked zucchini slices to a serving dish and spoon any leftover lemon herb glaze over top. Enjoy!