Spiralized veggie noodles are smothered in a rich, creamy, coco-nutty, pea-nutty sauce that is absolutely wonderful. Traditional wheat noodles are replaced with spiralized vegetables so you can enjoy your favourite pasta dish with far few calories and fat. This guilt free comfort dish is 100% wholesome and 100% satisfying.
How to prepare your veggie noodles
To prepare your veggie noodles, you’ll need a spiralizer, or you may also use a mandolin.
Before I bought my Veggie Bullet which I absolutely LOVE for spiralizing vegetables, I used a mandolin to make vegetable noodles. It definitely works, but it is a lot more time consuming! (Not to mention the extreme caution you’ll want to use if preparing these with a mandolin.)
There are a ton of different spiralizers out there, and I’ve tested out a few of them and the Veggie Bullet is definitely my favourite. It’s easy to use and fully automated, providing evenly cut noodles with little effort required. I’m not being paid to endorse this product, it’s just truly one that I own and love.
Spiralize your zucchini, sweet potato and carrots, and thinly slice your mushrooms and red pepper.
Then add all the veggies to a large non stick skillet and cook for about 5-6 minutes, until softened and heated through. Do not overcook the vegetables.
While the veggie noodles are cooking, add all your sauce ingredients to a small sauce pan. Heat only until warm. No need to cook out any of these ingredients.
Transfer your cooked veggie noodles into bowls or plates, then top with the sauce and some extra peanuts, coconut, or lime wedges if desired.
There you have it! Easy, peasy, veggie noodles, smothered in a rich and flavourful coconut peanut sauce. This easy recipe is perfect for your busy weeknights. It’s ready in less than 30 minutes, and completely satisfies.
As an added bonus, it’s vegan and gluten free, making it a suitable choice for any diet. AND it’s low in calories, but will leave your tummy feeling full and happy.
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also want to try these!
- Vegetable Bolognese Zucchini Noodles
- Coleslaw Salad w/ Oil Free Thai Peanut Dressing
- Instant Pot Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
- Sweet Potato Noodles w/ Vegan Alfredo Sauce [GF+Oil Free]
- 1 large sweet potato peeled & spiralized
- 2 zucchini spiralized
- 2 large carrots spiralized
- 2 red peppers julienned
- 6 cremini mushrooms thinly sliced
- Add all your vegetables to a large non stick skillet Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until softened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all your sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and whisk until combined. Heat your sauce until warm, but no need to cook.
- Then pour your sauce over your vegetable noodles and serve garnished with lime, crushed peanuts, sesame seeds or shredded coconut.