This chocolate peanut butter smoothie will quickly become your new go to. It will satisfy your craving for something sweet, while providing a whopping 7g of protein per serving.
This decadent smoothie is super flavourful and seriously mouth watering! It’s basically dessert in a glass, but without all the refined sugar.
Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Also great for taking on the go on your busy weekday mornings.
How do you make a chocolate peanut butter smoothie?
This simple, yet deliciously satisfying smoothie uses only 6 simple ingredients, plus an optional two for garnishing if desired.
- a ripe fresh banana or frozen
- raw cocoa powder
- pitted dates
- plant milk of choice, I use almond, but cashew or soy will also work well
- natural peanut butter
- a pinch of salt (this helps bring out the natural sweetness of the dates)
And I highly recommend an extra drizzle of peanut butter drizzled over top and a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips. I mean it’s not totally necessary, but…yum!
Use frozen banana or a handful of ice cubes if you want to make the smoothie more dessert like and serve with a spoon.
If you want something quick to drink, stick with a fresh banana. Either way, this smoothie is THE BOMB!
Like seriously, this is not something I claim often. This smoothie is so ridiculously delicious, it’s pretty hard to believe it’s healthy!
More favourite smoothie recipes!
For a more tart flavoured smoothie, you might want to check out my Sour Apple Smoothie. (Which totally pairs well with vodka by the way, just saying.)
Or try some of these:
- No Banana Smoothie [Vegan + High Protein]
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Healthy Banana Nut Smoothie
- Simple Green Smoothie Recipe (that doesn’t taste green!)
- Add all the ingredients, except any optional garnishes to a high speed blender and process until smooth. Serve topped with dark chocolate chips and a drizzle or two of peanut butter if desired.