Gluten free brownies sweetened with chocolate chips and maple syrup are the perfect after dinner dessert. They are not only gluten free but they are low in sugar, making them a guilt free choice! These chocolate avocado brownies are decadent and delicious.
Bonus! This dessert is so easy to make! Just throw all your ingredients (except the oat flour) in a food processor. I absolutely love recipes that require little prep time and make minimal mess like this one. Next, pour your batter into a bowl and whisk in the flour. Then pour the batter into a baking tray. Easy as 1-2-3!
There’s something about brownies that makes children smile. I made these brownies for my nieces and nephews, and let’s just say, they were more than pleased. A simple, delicious brownie without any refined sugar. Sounds too good to be true right? I know! But believe me, these are heavenly. You’d never guess they were made with healthy ingredients. You’ve gotta try them!
I garnish my chocolate avocado brownies with some homemade strawberry jam, fresh mint and a few slices of freshly sliced pineapple. Feel free to experiment! Try chopped walnuts, fresh berries, or some whipped coconut cream, yum!
Want more healthy (or healthy-ish) dessert recipes?
Try my Vegan Cheesecake Squares with Salted Caramel, or these Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes. Or for a truly healthy dessert containing only wholesome ingredients, give these Chickpea Cookies a try. They can also double as a make ahead breakfast option for your kiddos!
- 1 avocado peeled & pitted
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, dairy free melted using a double boiler
- 1.5 cups oat flour, gluten free if preferred or all purpose flour if not avoiding gluten
- Optional garnishes: fresh berries, chopped nuts, strawberry jam, mint
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9"x9" baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients (except the oat flour) to a food processor or blender and process until completely pureed, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl and add the flour. Using a whisk, mix the flour into the batter until well combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking tray and spread evenly to the edges using a silicone spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes until center is set and let cool completely. Then transfer to a cutting board and cut into 16 squares.
- Optional: Serve garnished with fresh fruit, strawberry jam, and/or chopped nuts.