Candied slivered almonds make a great guilt free treat! You can munch on them solo, or top them on your favourite salads, stir fry’s, or desserts. The options are almost endless. I think I’ll try these on some nice cream next! These taste great on anything needing a little crunch and sweetness.
I got the idea one day when I was thinking about my mom’s amazing sweet potato casserole with candied pecans. Yep, insert drool. Well, here I am thinking about deliciously sweet and crunchy pecans, and I open up my pantry to see almonds instead. Hmmm. Let’s do this! Of course, in the interest of healthier choices, I’m using only refined sugar free options to sweeten these bad boys. Unrefined sugar is healthy right?
Hello healthy-ish candied slivered almonds!
I first used these candied almonds on this amazing spinach salad, topped with cucumber, clementines, lentils and seeds. But don’t limit yourself to just salads. These are a perfect topping for any recipe that needs a crunchy sweet bite.
Not convinced yet? Did I mention this recipe only requires 3 ingredients and less than 10 minutes to make? That’s right! SO EASY, super CRUNCHY, perfectly SWEET, DROOL WORTHY, and guilt free! Do you need more reasons to try this? You won’t be disappointed. Of course, as usual, please drop me a line in the comments below to let me know what you think!
Looking for more refined sugar free treats?
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a non stick skillet over medium heat, and then add the sugar, and stir to combine.
- Next, add the slivered almonds to the skillet, stirring to get them evenly coated. Then cook for about 4 minutes, stirring very often to avoid burning, until slightly browned.
- Spread the candied slivered almonds onto your prepared baking sheet into a single layer to allow them to cool completely.
- Once cooled, use them to top your salads, or desserts, and store any remaining almonds in an airtight container in the refrigerator.