This white bean cabbage salad is topped with velvety, creamy, oh so good, avocado orange dressing! This salad has so much crunch and big flavours. Plus, it’s chock full of nutrients and vitamins, like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium, fiber, protein and iron!
To make your salad, just gather your ingredients, and combine in a large bowl or serving dish, not a whole lot to it! The dressing is so easily made using a small blender. Just add all four ingredients and process until smooth. I use my magic bullet since it’s just the right size to make my dressing. Any blender will do the job, but it’ll be easier to get your dressing out of a smaller appliance.
Your dressing and salad should be ready to go in no more than 15 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights, and makes great leftovers for the next day’s lunch! Just pack your dressing on the side so it doesn’t get soggy.
Now speaking about this easy delicious dressing, the nutritional information below includes 1/4 of the salad AND 1/4 of the dressing! So you can have a pretty generous amount of dressing over your salad, and not feel any guilt about it! It’s low in calories! Plus, it’s oil free but still contains healthy fat and it’s made using wholesome ingredients. You just can’t say the same about most store bought dressings. With so many health benefits, plus the ease of making salad dressing in only a few minutes, there’s just no reason not to try it!
Want more healthy salad and salad dressing options? Try these!
- Strawberry Spinach Salad w/ Berry Basil Dressing
- Citrus Spinach Quinoa Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- Coleslaw Salad w/ Oil Free Thai Peanut Dressing
- Cranberry Broccoli Salad with Cran Lemon Dressing
For the Salad
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 small cucumber diced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped (or parsley)
- 1 cup white beans cooked or canned
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes
For the Dressing
- 1 avocado peeled & pitted
- 1 orange peeled
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp water
- Combine all the salad ingredients to a serving dish and mix to combine. Then sprinkle the chia seeds over top and garnish with the cherry tomatoes.
- To make the dressing, add all 4 dressing ingredients to a small blender (I used my magic bullet) and process until smooth and creamy. Serve with your salad and enjoy!