Baked cauliflower bites are a perfect sharing dish. Bring these to your next pot luck, or serve them at your next gathering. They are loaded with flavour and their delicious crispy coating will not disappoint!
These baked cauliflower bites absolutely satisfy!
Plus they are pretty easy to make, so how can you go wrong?
Just make your batter in a small bowl, and crush some corn chips into a separate shallow dish.
Then dip each floret into the batter and press with the corn chip mixture. Then bake in a single layer for 15 minutes.
The corn chip coating adds delicious texture and flavour, not to mention a beautiful golden colour! These bites truly satisfy like pub food.
While the cauliflower bites are baking, quickly mix together your hot sauce ingredients.
I like using Frank’s to make my hot sauce, but you can sub with your favourite hot sauce.
Remove your cauliflower from the oven and carefully add the homemade hot sauce to your bites.
I use a silicone brush to gently smother on the sauce without removing the crispy coating. Then bake for 5 more minutes, and ENJOY!
I serve mine garnished with green onion, and some wedges of lime, and of course, an ice cold beer. 🙂
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp oat flour, gluten free if preferred or all purpose flour if not avoiding gluten
- 2 cups crushed corn chips or corn flakes process in food processor until they resemble bread crumb consistency
- Optional Garnishes: sesame seeds green onion
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place your cut up cauliflower in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cashew milk, paprika, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and flour. Mix well. Pour this batter over your cauliflower and toss to coat all the pieces.
- Add your crushed corn chips to a shallow dish, and one at a time, coat your cauliflower pieces with the chips and place them on your prepared baking tray, in a single layer.
- Bake the cauliflower bites for 15 minutes and remove from the oven.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine all the hot sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Using a silicone brush, brush the hot sauce over each cauliflower bite and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Serve your cauliflower bites garnished with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.